Installation: Timaru District Court
Installer: Dores for Floors
Product: Entropy I2 Basalt & Syncopation Terrain
The Timaru courthouse was built in 1877 and is classified as a historic building. Justice has been carried out on the site for 130 years, therefore the aim of the refurbishment of the Courthouse was to maintain the integrity of the existing building while meeting the future needs of the local community. The purpose of the design was to create more open, spacious areas with natural lighting and external outlooks in an endeavour to create a less intimidating interior whilst providing harmonious integration with the existing building.
The Timaru courthouse has a range of purposes including two courtrooms, one designed specifically for jury trials with jury retirement rooms, two mediation/hearing rooms, custodial rooms, cells and large public and administrative spaces. All areas carry heavy foot traffic.
Tiles that create a natural look and complement the interior of the existing building while providing substantial facility management benefits.
Mergeable dyelots in their patterns providing for progressive installation and selective replacement with no apparent difference.
Tiles that are carbon neutral, have high recycled content and can be recycled again preventing landfill in New Zealand.
Ability to replace tiles easily with no disturbance to everyday activities within the Courthouse.
InterfaceNZ was the ideal choice for Timaru District Court.