Installation: Alfred Nathan House
Product: Cubic colours installed with Tac-tile
Installer: Lovich Floors
Known to staff and students as the Registry, Alfred Nathan House at 24 Princes St. was erected in 1882 as a private home for the Nathan family. They occupied the house until the 1930s when it was converted into a private hospital.
The University took over the building in 1959, and it is currently occupied by the Vice-Chancellor's Office and Human Resources.
A fourth floor has been added, and the rear has been extended to provide meeting rooms and extra offices. Some of the original sandblasted glazing, moulded ceilings and carved mantle pieces still grace the interior
As part of this renovation, new flooring needed to be added. But the existing floorboards were not to be damaged or covered in glue. INZIDE was contacted for our opinion and with the smarts of Interface (supplied in NZ exclusively by INZIDE) and their patented technology – TacTile – the answer was very easy. They just really needed to pick a colour.
And the stairs – easy – unbacked rolled goods – ie the carpet tile before it is backed and cut up is made in a long 2m sheet. We simply ensured that an amount of it was rolled up before it went to the backing stage of the process. Each tuft is still individually locked into place so it will perform, yet it can now be folded over bull nose stairs.
Add to this