INZIDE Commercial Interface Carpet Tile Recycling
Re-Entry System & Uplift Agent Responsibilities
- INZIDE Commercial takes all financial responsibility from INZIDE Commercial Depots in Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch to final recycling destination.
- The Owner of the carpet tile (approved for return) takes all financial responsibility in getting the tiles uplifted and delivered to INZIDE Commercial depots in the right format (per instructions below). Only Full tiles will be recycled.
- INZIDE Commercial will recycle old Interface PVC backed carpet tile that is not contaminated and is packed correctly. It will recycle competitor PVC backed with nylon yarn carpet tile only when it is being replaced with New Interface carpet tile and the competitor provides a sample analysis of the carpet tile ingredients that shows no contravention of the Imports & Exports (restrictions) Act – in particular the use of Brominated Flame Retardants.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPLIFT OF CARPET TILE TO BE RECYCLED.
- Uplift Agent is to Call INZIDE Commercial on 0800-800-656, a full 72 hours in advance to alert INZIDE to the return of carpet tile for recycling. No Depot takes carpet tile back on Mondays or weekends. You must have your carriers name, date of return and depot that the carpet tile will be returned to.
IF NO ALERT IS PROVIDED, THE TRUCK WILL BE TURNED AROUND.
INZIDE Commercial Collection Depots are: (please call before delivery to confirm with INZIDE).
- Uplift Agent needs to ensure they use export pallets in good condition with no broken, loose or missing boards. (INZIDE sends
- out all its Interface carpet tile on export quality pallets – Flooring Contractors receiving these orders should keep a stack available for recycling opportunities).
- Uplift Agent needs to shrink-wrap the pallet of recycled carpet tile to transport quality.
- INZIDE Commercial representative to be given access to the floor plate prior to demolition to assess the condition of the carpet & its suitability for recycling vs a re-use opportunity.
- Uplift agent to uplift the existing ‘uncontaminated’ carpet tile from the floor prior to demolition
- Uplift agent to stack uplifted tile in neat piles of 4 tiles per layer and not re boxed. Each layer to be 1m2.
- Each pallet is stacked with 120 layers of tile equaling 480 tiles (120m2).
- Every 40 layers a tile is placed in the centre of the main stack to lock in the four independent tile stacks.
- Pallet height allows for 0.8mm per tile thickness - 120 layers x 0.8 = 0.96 metres.
- Uplift agent to shrink-wrap the tiles onto the pallet in a manner that will provide strength to hold the tiles in position during transport.
- Uplift agent to have the pallets taken to the nearest INZIDE Commercial depot shown below.
Auckland: INZIDE Commercial Warehouse, 131 Montgomerie Rd, Airport Oaks, Mangere.
Wellington: Owens Logistics, 5-7 Toop Street, Seaview.
Christchurch: Owens Logistics, 31 Baigent Way, Middleton.
“RECYCLING COSTS” that the Uplift Agent needs to sort prior to tendering for uplift works.
Transport from Uplift place to Approved INZIDE Depot
- Access to export quality pallets. Approx - (120m2 per pallet)
- It is all Interface carpet tile being uplifted – INZIDE will not take back competitor tile without test certificates and Interface carpet tile being installed.
- Access to transport quality shrinkwrap.
- Ability to get product off-site during working hours.
- As you will be using a pallet jack (most likely) ramps, steps etc may require re-stacking.
- Size of lift vs size of export pallet (1100mm X 1100mm). Again you may need to allow for re-stacking if you use a smaller pallet dimension due to lift size constraints to get the uplifted carpet ile from higher level floors.